Twitter is, of all the social avenues, the most overwhelming and hardest to navigate. It can be difficult to establish how this service can benefit your business, and even more so, to figure out who to follow. Small business owners need to realize that Twitter can not only be immeasurably resourceful for their marketing efforts, but an invaluable news source on all things small business. Discovering who provides the best information takes patience, but for the time being, we’ll give you an exclusive look inside our list.
1) Open Forum – @OPENForum – Without a doubt, one of the most authoritative communities available for small businesses is American Express’ Open Forum. Their Twitter account gives you a play-by-play of the countless outstanding articles the site produces, covering literally every aspect of small business. Following them on twitter helps you better navigate through the large amount of content they produce.
2) Business Insider – @BusinessInsider – Twitter feed for the business blog, which provides both relevant news content and business analysis. They cover all aspects of news, making it a one-stop-shop for both business and other news.
3) Small Biz Trends – @smallbiztrends – The Twitter account run by Anita Campbell, CEO of Small Business Trends, a small business blog. Their content is always fresh and very specific to the small business industry. They do a great job of relating to their reader and their content is concise but still extremely informative.
4) Entrepreneur Magazine – @entmagazine – The Twitter account for Entrepreneur magazine gives an inside look into what is easily the best magazine out there for the small business community. Not only do they provide advice, but their columns always cover creative topics and they do a great job of telling the stories of other small business owners. It’s an excellent place to learn more about your peers.
5) Wall Street Journal Small Business -@WSJSmallBiz – Of all the major news sources, the Wall Street Journal produces content that not only reveals the faces of the small business economy, but provides how-to information for owners to embrace. Their Twitter account gives you direct access to their articles aimed towards small business, so you don’t have to weed through their main account.
6) Fast Company – @FastCompany – The official Twitter feed for Fast Company, with a special focus on technology, ethonomics, design and leadership. A progressive feed providing challenging business information.
There are certainly countless channels to follow on Twitter that provide high-quality, relevant small business information. The list above is simply a cheat-sheet of those sources that never disappoint and continually provide influential advice across the small business spectrum.
What are some of your favorite small business Twitter feeds?