Not all mobile apps are created equally. That’s why every business owner should think carefully about the ones he or she uses while traveling from one destination to the next. The best apps allow you to stay in touch with your team, take care of tasks that are typically done from your office, and make arrangements with clients and potential clients in a matter of seconds.
Some of the best apps around make life simpler for business men and women by being readily accessible, easy-to-use, and reliable. What more could you ask for from a mobile application? Let’s explore which apps are must-haves.
The 6 best mobile apps for a business owner are:
The 6 Best Mobile Apps For a Business Owner
- Skype. Hands down one of the easiest apps to use, Skype allows business owners to make and receive calls from anyone in the world easily. Setting up a free account enables users to reach out to others via video conference call and a paid account allows users to make phone calls to telephone numbers directly. If you’re concerned about roaming charges, it’s well worth the fee to pay for this option.
- Dropbox. Members of your team can share documents with you and others safely and easily. By setting up a free Dropbox account, you can select who can add and access content on your account. This is a very effective way to keep your inbox at zero. You needn’t worry about lost communication if you direct everyone to the same folder on Dropbox.
- Paypal. Send and receive payment with ease with Paypal. You can take care of employees, contractors, and vendors on-the-go by receiving their invoices and making payments directly from your Paypal account or bank account. There are fees involved with certain transactions so keep in mind that the service isn’t entirely free.
- Square. Accept credit cards as payment wherever you go with the handy Square card reader and app. You have two options in terms of payment. You can pay a flat $275 a month for unlimited transactions or pay per transaction depending on the number of credit cards you process each month. This option will cost you 2.75% per swipe.
- Expensify. Keep track of expenditures in one place. The Expensify app allows you to itemize costs, create reports, and upload receipts for proper documentation. The account is free and one you’ll definitely want on hand if you do any driving, dining out or renting of accommodations while on the road.
- Hootsuite. If you’re connected to social media, you can schedule status updates and tweets in advance. By selecting what date and time you want the messages to go out, you streamline the social networking process and refrain from going days at time without new content because you’re away on a business trip.
Mobile applications were designed to make life easier. If you find that you’re on-the-go all the time, you’ll love having access to these six time-saving apps for businesses. Not only will you be able to communicate with employees, keep tabs on expenses, and even send out payroll, you’ll keep your sanity because you know that everything that needs to be taken care of while you’re out of the office will. In fact, one swipe of the finger is all it takes to keep in the loop from your mobile device.